Thursday, January 28, 2010

Iced Pumpkin Cookies


I got this recipe from allrecipes.com. I'm not a huge pumpkin fan, but these have to be the best pumpkin cookies I've ever had. So yummy! The dough was super sticky and I was worried how they would turn out but they turned out great.

Ingredients
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves (I don't even know what these are so they were left out)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 cups white sugar
1 cup pumpkin
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
chocolate chips (I add these but they aren't on the original recipe)

2 cups powdered sugar
3 tablespoons milk
1 tablespoon melted butter
1 teaspoon vanilla

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, ground cloves and salt; set aside
2. In a medium bowl, cream together the 1/2 cup of butter and white sugar. Add pumpkin, egg, and vanilla to butter mixture and beat until creamy. Mix in dry ingredients. Drop on cookie sheet by tablespoonfuls.
3. Bake for 15-20 minutes in a preheated oven. Cool cookies, then drizzle with glaze
4. To make glaze: combine powdered sugar, milk, 1 tablespoon melted butter, and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Add milk as needed to achieve drizzling consistency.

No comments: