Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Mozzarella Sticks

I saw this recipe on the Pioneer Woman Cooks and wanted to try them but actually forgot about them. Then recently I saw this recipe posted HERE. And of course you can click HERE for a great step by step by the Pioneer Woman and of course better pictures. I finally made these and they were way better than I was expecting them to be. I have been craving them since.

8 sticks mozzarella string cheese
1/4 cup flour
1 egg
1 1/2 TBSP milk
1 cup Panko Japanese bread crumbs
1/2 TBSP parsley
salt
canola oil (I only had Olive Oil so I used that instead of canoloa)
marinara sauce

Prep:
Unwrap string cheese. Cut in half.
Put flour in small bowl/plate.
Mix egg and milk in a small bowl, stirring with fork.
Add a few shakes of salt (from the salt shaker) to a small bowl or plate holding the Panko crumbs.

How to:
Roll cheese through flour to coat.
Dip flour-coated cheese in egg/milk mixture so that egg/milk is absorbed into flour coating.
Roll through Panko crumbs to coat.
When finished coating, place prepped cheese sticks in freezer for 20-30 min (to flash freeze).
Fry in 1-2" canola oil until golden brown. Allow to dry on paper-towel.

Serve with marinara sauce.

Makes 16 mozzarella sticks

No comments: