I got this recipe from The Pioneer Woman Cooks recipe blog. If you click her link you will see a whole bunch of pictures.I made one batch in the dutch oven and one in the oven. Both were delightful, however, the dutch oven batch turned out much better. I can't wait to make these again. They were so good! And seriously take a few minutes to put together. My friend made them and told me about them probably over a year ago and raved about how good they were. I finally decided to try them and I'm glad I did.
Ingredients
2 whole Granny Smith Apples
2 cans (8 Oz. Cans) Crescent Rolls
2 sticks Butter
1-1/2 cup Sugar
1 teaspoon Vanilla
Cinnamon, To Taste
1 can (12 Oz.) Mountain Dew Soda
Preparation Instructions
Peel and core apples. Cut each apple into 8 slices each. Roll each apple slice in a crescent roll. Place in a 9 x 13 buttered pan.
Melt butter, then add sugar and barely stir. Add vanilla, stir, and pour entire mixture over apples. Pour Mountain Dew around the edges of the pan. Sprinkle with cinnamon and bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes. Serve with ice cream, and spoon some of the sweet sauces from the pan over the top. We probably cooked it for about 40 minutes in the dutch oven also.
Homemade Twix Bites
2 days ago
1 comment:
you amaze me. All the wonderfully delicious things you make for your family and still say so thin.
Post a Comment