Monday, November 10, 2008

Chicken Taco Soup

I'm not sure where I got this recipe, but I tried it for the first time today and it was so yummy. The best was Karson ate a ton so I'm sure I'll be making it again soon.

1 Onion, chopped (I leave this out)
1 (16 oz.) can chili
1 (15 0z.) can black beans
1 (15 oz.) can whole kernel corn, drained
1 (8 oz.) can tomato sauce
2 (10 oz.) cans diced tomatoes
1 (1.25 oz.) package taco seasoning
3 whole boneless, skinless, chicken breasts

Stir beans, corn, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, and taco seasoning in slow cooker. Lay the chicken on top of the mixture, press down slightly so that it gets covered by the ingredients. Cook on low heat for 5 hours. Shred chicken and cook for 2 more hours. (I just cooked on high for about 4-5 hours) Top with shredded cheese, sour cream and crushed tortilla chips or fritos.

No comments: