Sunday, March 14, 2010

Chicken Tortilla Soup

I got this recipe from my friend Susan and it's yummy!

5-6 cooked chicken breasts
1-2 jars Alfredo sauce
2 cans chicken broth (I probably will only use 1 can next time I make it)
1 qt. half n half
1 large onion (I left this out)
1 pkg taco seasoning
Pepper (I left this out also)
Tortilla chips
Cheese

On the stove - Saute onion until soft. Add broth and seasonings. Cook over med heat. Slowly add half & half, then Alfredo sauce. Add chicken and more spices as needed. Do not boil. Serve with tortilla chips and grated cheese.

In the crock pot - This is the way I make it. I cut up the uncooked chicken, but next time I will just put in full chicken breasts and then shred it once it's cooked. Just put all the ingredients (minus the chips and cheese) into the crock pot and cook on low. I cooked it for about 7 hours.

No comments: