Sunday, January 1, 2012

Tator Tot Casserole

I've made this a few times but each time have to find where I wrote down the recipe so here it is finally. I think of the Duggars when I make this. But it's actually really good. I wanted to make it and thought I had a friend who made it for her son. Well I must have been dreaming because when I asked her for her recipe she told me she'd never made tator tot casserole in her life. So I decided to google the recipe and I also found out that another friend makes it so I think I just combined the recipes. One didn't have cheese I think. Anyway, this is how I make it.

1 lb Hamburger

1 bag frozen Tater Tots
1 can Evaporated Milk
1 can Cream of Mushroom soup
1 can Cream of Chicken soup
2 cups shredded Cheddar Cheese

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Spray a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray.

Brown hamburger and drain. Pour into the bottom of the baking dish. Pour tator tots over the hamburger.

Mix both soups and evaporated milk together. Pour mixture over the tater tots. Bake uncovered for 45 minutes. Add cheese and cook about 10 more minutes or until cheese is melted.

No comments: