I enjoy food blogs with pictures so much more than without but I never remember to take them. Someday I am going to have to add them. This is a recipe I found on Pinterest, but that came from HERE. It was SO yummy. I'm not a huge lover of left overs but I ate it the night after I made it and then couldn't wait to eat it the next night but when I got home from work it was gone. So I'll be making it again soon.
1 lb chicken breast, trimmed
15 oz can sweet whole corn kernels, drained
15 oz can diced tomatoes, drained
5 C chicken stock
3/4 C onion, chopped (left out)
3/4 C green pepper, chopped (left out)
1 serrano pepper, minced (left out)
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 tsp chili powder
1 1/2 tsp salt, divided
1 tsp ground pepper,
divided Monterey Jack cheese, shredded Seasoned tortilla strips I also added sliced avocado
To your slow cooker add first 9 ingredients plus 1 tsp salt and 3/4 tsp ground pepper. Cook on high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours. Prior to serving, remove chicken breasts. Transfer chicken to the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment for easy shredding. Alternately you may shred chicken by hand. Season chicken with 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper. Return shredded seasoned chicken to slow cooker bowl. Stir gently. If serving immediately, divide among bowls. Top off with a generous helping of shredded cheese and seasoned tortilla strips. Soup may be stored in the fridge for up to several days. If freezing, label containers well with soup name and date.
No comments:
Post a Comment