I love Zupa's. And every time I go there, I get the exact same thing. A turkey, avocado panini and a bowl of Wisconsin Cauliflower Soup. I crave it all the time. In fact I just met my friend there for lunch a few days ago because I'd been craving it. So I was so excited to come across this recipe on Pinterest, that came from HERE. I don't know that it actually tasted like Zupa's, but it was yummy so I will make this again. Although I thought the Pepper Jack cheese made it to spicy hot. My husband didn't think so. Maybe next time I will leave it out or just put in less. Either way, this will be a regular meal at my house throughout the winter. It wasn't that hard, but it seemed kind of time consuming. And I may have never bought a head of cauliflower in my life before making this soup. :)
Zupa's Wisconsin Cauliflower Soup2 tablespoons margarine or butter (1/4 stick)
1 medium onion, chopped (left out of course)
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 spoon salt
2 cups milk
1 can (13 3/4 to 14 1/2 ounces) chicken broth
1 head (2 1/2 pounds) cauliflower, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1 cup Sharp Cheddar cheese
1 cup Pepper Jack cheese
In 4-quart saucepan, melt margarine or butter over medium heat. Add onion and cook until golden, about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in flour and salt; cook 2minutes, stirring frequently. Gradually stir in milk, chicken broth, and 1 1/2 cups water; add cauliflower and heat to boiling over high heat. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer until cauliflower is tender, about 10 minutes. In blender (with center part of blender cover removed to allow steam to escape), blend cauliflower mixture at low speed in small batches until very smooth. Return cauliflower mixture to saucepan; heat over medium heat until hot, stirring occasionally. Remove saucepan from heat; stir in mustard and 1 1/2 cups cheese until melted and smooth. Garnish soup with remaining cheese to serve.
No comments:
Post a Comment