Monday, May 3, 2010

Peanut Butter Sheet Cake

I'm a lover of recipe sites. When I can't sleep at night I browse recipes and make lists in my head of all the food I want to cook. I love trying new things. One of my favorite recipe blogs is THIS. I goth this recipe here.

I liked these, but I didn't love them. I think the frosting would be very yummy on Betty Crocker brownies. I think I'll try that next time but I imagine it would be awesome. I made a mistake of using the smaller jelly roll pan instead of a regular size. They turned out super thick and with thick frosting. Also I was at the store searching for buttermilk and realized I have no clue what it is or where to find it and I didn't find any. And I looked everywhere. I found a substitution for buttermilk on line but didn't have what I needed so I just used milk, they may have turned out better if I used what was on the recipe.

Peanut Butter Sheet Cake
by Nina Jones

Mix in pan and bring to a boil:
1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
1 cup water
1/2 cup butter

Sift the following and add to the above mixture:
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 cup flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp soda

Mix and add to the above mixture:
2 eggs
1/2 cup buttermilk
1 tsp vanilla
Stir well and pour into greased or parchment lined cookie sheet pan (jellyroll pan). Bake for 15 minutes at 375 degrees.

Frosting
Mix in pan and bring to a boil:
3/4 cup butter
6 Tbsp buttermilk
1/2 cup peanut butter
Take off stove and add:3 1/2 cups powdered sugar and 1 Tbsp vanilla. Pour over warm cake

No comments: