Thursday, August 26, 2010

Magelby's Rolls

My friend Susan gave me this recipe. Her daughter in law makes these all the time and she knows how much I love Magelby's rolls so she gave me the recipe. They are yummy! I need to make them again because I think I could make them better the second time. Also, I didn't know whether to use the shredded Parmesan cheese or the grated. I couldn't get the cheese to stick to well so I'm thinking I'll try the grated next time and see if they turn out better. If so, I'll update my recipe. I made these to go with the pasta bake that I posted below.

Frozen roll dough (I just bought Rhoades rolls that are ready in 12 minutes so they don't require thawing and rizing)
1 stick butter
1 cup Parmesan cheese (Grated)
1-2 tsp. dried parsley
1 tsp. garlic salt

If your dough needs to be thawed then partially thaw. Melt butter in a small bowl. Mix Parmesan, parsley and garlic salt in another bowl. Roll dough in butter, then in cheese mixture. Place on greased cookie sheet and allow to raise the rest of the way (if needed). Bake at 350 for about 15-20 minutes or according to dough package directions and until lightly golden brown.

No comments: