I got this recipe from Good Things Utah. I don't really like spaghetti sauce but I do if it's mixed with Alfredo so when I saw this recipe I had to try it. I of course liked it or it wouldn't be on here.
by: Liz Edmonds- The Food Nanny
•1 pound uncooked mostaccioli or other tubular pasta (you could probably use any kind of pasta)
•Alfredo Sauce (I made my friend Ann's recipe which I've posted before and I will post it below but I'm sure you could use it from a jar and it would be good)
•1 (26-ounce) jar meatless spaghetti sauce (you could also use home made spaghetti sauce)
•3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cook the pasta according to package directions; drain.
3. Meanwhile, prepare the Alfredo sauce
4. Spread a thin layer of spaghetti sauce in a 9 x 13-inch baking dish. Layer
half the pasta, half the Alfredo sauce, half the spaghetti sauce, and
11/2 cups of the cheese. Repeat the layering with the remaining pasta,
Alfredo sauce, spaghetti sauce, and cheese.
5. Cover with aluminum foil and bake about 30 minutes or until it is hot and
bubbly.
Alfredo Sauce
1 8oz pkg cream cheese
6 tbsp butter or marg
1 1/2 cups milk
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 cup parmesan cheese
pepper to taste
Cook cream cheese and butter on med-low heat and add milk slowly. Continue stirring until thoroughly blended. Add parmesan cheese, garlic and pepper
by: Liz Edmonds- The Food Nanny
•1 pound uncooked mostaccioli or other tubular pasta (you could probably use any kind of pasta)
•Alfredo Sauce (I made my friend Ann's recipe which I've posted before and I will post it below but I'm sure you could use it from a jar and it would be good)
•1 (26-ounce) jar meatless spaghetti sauce (you could also use home made spaghetti sauce)
•3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cook the pasta according to package directions; drain.
3. Meanwhile, prepare the Alfredo sauce
4. Spread a thin layer of spaghetti sauce in a 9 x 13-inch baking dish. Layer
half the pasta, half the Alfredo sauce, half the spaghetti sauce, and
11/2 cups of the cheese. Repeat the layering with the remaining pasta,
Alfredo sauce, spaghetti sauce, and cheese.
5. Cover with aluminum foil and bake about 30 minutes or until it is hot and
bubbly.
Alfredo Sauce
1 8oz pkg cream cheese
6 tbsp butter or marg
1 1/2 cups milk
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 cup parmesan cheese
pepper to taste
Cook cream cheese and butter on med-low heat and add milk slowly. Continue stirring until thoroughly blended. Add parmesan cheese, garlic and pepper
No comments:
Post a Comment