When I saw this recipe it looked yummy, and I just happened to have all of the ingredients already so I gave it a try. I know I make a lot of casserole type food and it may not be for some, but I love having leftovers for my husband and I love anything easy. This was way good.
by: Freshmarketstores.com
1 (8 oz.) pkg. egg noodles
1½ lb. lean ground beef
16 oz. salsa
1 pkg. taco seasoning
1 (8 oz.) pkg. cottage cheese
1 (8 oz.) pkg. cream cheese, softened
1 (16 oz.) pkg. sour cream
1 (8 oz.) pkg. shredded sharp cheddar
Brown beef, add salsa and seasoning mix. In separate bowl, mix cottage cheese, cream cheese and sour cream together. In greased 9x13 casserole dish, place half of the cooked noodles, then ½ of beef mixture, then ½ of sour cream mixture. Repeat all 3 layers. Top with grated cheddar. Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes
3 comments:
Oh my goodness Natalie! This is SOO my kinda food! Thanks for sharing : )
This looks incredible. I will have to try it out. If you want to try a couple of my recipes my blog is http://lifebehindthegrill.blogspot.com/
Yummy! We recently had something similar...and I discovered that if the kids can use chips as utensils they totally will eat with no problems. Substitute rice for the noodles for easier chipping. I would want to throw in re-fried beans or black beans, maybe corn. Also replace half your rice water with Salsa when cooking, adds so much more flavor. It's like the Mexican version of lasagna!
Post a Comment