Sunday, April 3, 2011

Caramel Sticky Buns

One of my favorite cook books is one that I get in the mail from Pillsbury. The recipes are always easy and good. I tried these a few weeks ago. Caramel Sticky Buns March/April 2011 Issue of Pillsbury Recipes (Breakfast & Brunch Made Easy)

Ingredients:

1/4 cup butter, melted

1/4 cup packed brown sugar

2 tablespoons light corn syrup

1/4 cup chopped pecans (I left these out)

1 tablespoon granulated sugar

1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon

1 can (12 oz) Pillsbury Grands Jr. Golden Layers refrigerated biscuits (I didn't have Jr. Layers, but used the regular but I think the container is more like 16 oz)

Directions:

Heat oven to 375 degrees. Grease 12 regular-size muffin cups with shortening. In small bowl, mix butter, brown sugar, corn syrup and pecans. Spoon scant tablespoon mixture into each muffin cup.

In large resealable food-storage plastic bag, mix granulated sugar and cinnamon. Separate dough into 10 biscuits; cut each biscuit into 6 pieces. Place biscuit pieces in bag; seal bag and shake to coat. Place 5 biscuit pieces in each muffin cup (I used more because I think I had 12 biscuits) Place muffin pan on foil or cookie sheet. Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 1 minute. Invert pan onto waxed paper; remove pan. Serve warm (the last step didn't work so well because the stuck to the pan so I had to scoop them out with a fork)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Mmmmmm They sound great!! : )