Friday, May 27, 2011

Salsa

I finally made home made salsa. First time ever. I need to change the recipe a bit, but I still am in love with it already. It was a little to runny and it had to much cilantro. Other than that I think it was pretty dang good.
A few weeks ago I posted on Facebook asking for salsa recipes. Kyle's aunt suggested this one from the Pioneer Woman. I have a few others I want to try, but this was the one I decided to make first. Click on the Pioneer Woman's link, she has a ton of pictures...

Ingredients
1 can (28 oz) Whole Tomatoes
2 cans (10 oz) Rotel (diced tomatoes w green chilies)
1/2 cup Onion, chopped (I didn't put ANY in because I hate onions, even in Salsa)
1 clove Garlic, minced
1 whole Jalapeno, chopped
1/2 tsp Sugar
1/2 tsp Salt
1/4 tsp Ground Cumin
1/3 cup Cilantro (I think the recipe called for a 1/2 cup to 1 cup. I only used 1/3 cup and it was still very strong)
juice from 1/2 a Lime

Directions: Chop your garlic and jalapeno. Pour the canned tomatoes, garlic, jalapeno, sugar, salt, cumin, cilantro and lime juice in a blender OR a food processor. Pulse about 12-15 times, depending on how chunky you like your salsa. Pour into a bowl. Let sit in the refrigerator for at least an hour to chill . Serve with tortilla chips 

I don't have a food processor so I used my blender. I think it worked fine, other than like I said it was a little runny so I probably just pulsed it to many times.

No comments: