Monday, May 30, 2011

Taco Braid

Another recipe from Life as a Lofthouse. I liked this recipe, but I liked the spaghetti braid, that I posted a while back also from Life as a Lofthouse, more. However, I think Kyle liked this one more.
Taco Braid
Recipe By: Holly Lofthouse

1 lb ground beef
1 pkg taco seasoning
1 cup water
1 can refried beans
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup salsa
1 can Pillsbury Pizza Dough

Unroll the Pizza Dough and let it sit out on a greased cookie sheet while you brown the ground beef. Once beef is cooked, add the taco seasoning and 1 cu water. Mix well and let simmer for 5 - 10 minutes on low.
Now that dough is room temp and easy to work with, shape out into a large rectangle. Using a pizza cutter or knife, cut one inch strips along sides of dough. In the center spread out the refried beans.
Next spread the seasoned ground beef on top of the beans, and then drizzle the salsa over the meat. Least sprinkle the cheese evenly. Now start braiding the one inch strips over the top.
Bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool 5 minutes.

No comments: