Colorful Chicken Alfredo
2-3 chicken breasts, baked and then chopped into bite size pieces (I actually only used 1 large one and it was plenty)
1 quart water
1/2 pound of bowtie or farfalle noodles (or whatever else)
1 tbs salt
1/2 cup canned chicken broth
3 tbs butter
1 cup half and half (I didn't have this so I used 3/4 cup milk and 1/4 cup whipping cream)
1 clove garlic, minced (I used granulated garlic. I didn't measure if I had to guess maybe 1/2 teaspoon)
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese (I used what was left of my bag, probably closer to 1 cup)
1 tsp salt and pepper each
1 tbs butter
1 red bell pepper
1 green bell pepper
1/4 cup chicken broth
Heat oven to 375 degrees. On a foil lined baking sheet, place your chicken breasts on top and bake for 35 minutes. When done baking, set aside and when cool enough to handle, chop into bite size pieces. (I also boiled my chicken instead of baking it. I've never mastered baking chicken. It always comes out way to dry so I boil instead.)
Boil bowtie noodles in a large pot with the 1 quart water and 1 tbs salt. Boil for 11 minutes (or according to their package directions) When noodles are done boiling, drain and place back in pot and cover with a lid to keep noodles from drying out until their ready to be added to sauce.
(While the noodles are boiling start on the sauce). In a small saucepan, heat the 1/2 cup chicken broth and 3 tbs butter over medium heat until butter is melted. Add 1 cup half and half, 1 clove garlic and 1/2 tsp salt and pepper each. Stir to combine, then slowly whisk in the 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese. Let simmer on low heat and whisk occasionally.
Slice both bell peppers into small pieces. Pour 1/4 cup chicken broth and 1 tbs butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Then saute bell peppers in butter and broth for about 6-8 minutes. Add in the chopped chicken pieces. Season with salt and pepper and stir to mix well. Turn heat down to low and now add your Alfredo mixture. Stir to combine and let simmer for 10 minutes.
Add the noodles to sauce and mix well! Place on plates and enjoy every heavenly bite with some garlic bread (or try my recipe for Magelbys rolls) or a side salad :) YUM!!
2-3 chicken breasts, baked and then chopped into bite size pieces (I actually only used 1 large one and it was plenty)
1 quart water
1/2 pound of bowtie or farfalle noodles (or whatever else)
1 tbs salt
1/2 cup canned chicken broth
3 tbs butter
1 cup half and half (I didn't have this so I used 3/4 cup milk and 1/4 cup whipping cream)
1 clove garlic, minced (I used granulated garlic. I didn't measure if I had to guess maybe 1/2 teaspoon)
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese (I used what was left of my bag, probably closer to 1 cup)
1 tsp salt and pepper each
1 tbs butter
1 red bell pepper
1 green bell pepper
1/4 cup chicken broth
Heat oven to 375 degrees. On a foil lined baking sheet, place your chicken breasts on top and bake for 35 minutes. When done baking, set aside and when cool enough to handle, chop into bite size pieces. (I also boiled my chicken instead of baking it. I've never mastered baking chicken. It always comes out way to dry so I boil instead.)
Boil bowtie noodles in a large pot with the 1 quart water and 1 tbs salt. Boil for 11 minutes (or according to their package directions) When noodles are done boiling, drain and place back in pot and cover with a lid to keep noodles from drying out until their ready to be added to sauce.
(While the noodles are boiling start on the sauce). In a small saucepan, heat the 1/2 cup chicken broth and 3 tbs butter over medium heat until butter is melted. Add 1 cup half and half, 1 clove garlic and 1/2 tsp salt and pepper each. Stir to combine, then slowly whisk in the 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese. Let simmer on low heat and whisk occasionally.
Slice both bell peppers into small pieces. Pour 1/4 cup chicken broth and 1 tbs butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Then saute bell peppers in butter and broth for about 6-8 minutes. Add in the chopped chicken pieces. Season with salt and pepper and stir to mix well. Turn heat down to low and now add your Alfredo mixture. Stir to combine and let simmer for 10 minutes.
Add the noodles to sauce and mix well! Place on plates and enjoy every heavenly bite with some garlic bread (or try my recipe for Magelbys rolls) or a side salad :) YUM!!
1 comment:
YUM! I love this recipe :) So good!!
Post a Comment