Saturday, December 11, 2010

Five Mexican Dip

I got this recipe from the Kraft Foods Food & Family Holiday 2010 issue. We had it for lunch today and it was super.

Ingredients
1/2 lb (8 oz) Velveeta cheese, cut into pieces
4 oz cream cheese
1 can (15 oz) black beans, rinsed and drained
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1 tomato, chopped (I didn't have any tomatoes so I just used canned, diced tomatoes)

Directions
Combine all ingredients except tomatoes in microwaveable bowl (I actually made it on the stove)
Microwave on high 4 minutes or until Velveeta and cream cheese are melted and mixture is well blended, stirring every 2 minutes.
Stir in tomatoes. Serve warm with tortilla chips.
Tip: keep tortilla chips in a slow cooker set on low for warm chips
Also, I'm sure this could be made in a crock pot if you were to take it to a party or something.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

MMMM This is my kinda food! I will have to try this one soon!! :)