Monday, March 28, 2011

Cheesy Chicken & Rice Casserole

My friend was telling me about this recipe and although it sounded a little strange, with the corn, it sounded good so I decided to try it. It was good and it was another recipe that Karson ate. Anything he eats will be made again. I got the recipe from HERE. (sorry about the horrible spacing. I keep fixing it but it keeps posting this way) Mandy's recipes Cheesy Rice and Chicken Casserole

1 Box Yellow Rice (I didn't have yellow rice so I used white rice and probably would just use white rice next time I make it)

1 Stick Margarine (I'm not sure what the butter is for. I only cut a small piece of butter and stirred it in with my rice)

1 Can Cream Of Chicken Soup

1-2 Cups shredded, cooked chicken (I bought a rotisserie chicken so I could make this quick)

1 can Whole Kernel Corn (drained)

1 1/2 Cups Cheddar Cheese (I'm guessing I used more like two cups)

Cook rice according to package directions. Add rice and all other ingredients, except for 1/2 C of cheese, into a bowl and stir until well combined. Spoon into casserole dish and top with remaining cheese. Bake at 350 for about thirty minutes, or until bubbly.

1 comment:

Danielle Christiansen said...

Nat I am so grateful to you. I Love this blog when Im stumped on what to make.