Monday, November 8, 2010

Club Calzone

As a silly snake, don't laugh...
I got this recipe from my sister however the snake idea came from Jay Leno. This has been a fast and easy recipe that I've made for years.

Ingredients
1 Can (10 oz) Refrigerated Pizza Crust
1/4 C Italian Dressing
1 C Mozzarella cheese, shredded
1/4 C chopped green pepper
1 Pkg (9oz) variety pack lunch meat
1/3 C chopped black olives
Unroll pizza crust on lightly greased cookie sheet. Stretch to form 15X10 inch rectangle; brush with dressing & sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Layer mozzarella cheese, green pepper, olives & sliced meat down center of crust. Fold crust over meat; pinch edges to seal. Make small cuts across top to vent. Bake at 425 for 12 minutes or until browned.

For the snake I didn't put everything in the center, instead I spread it all over then rolled it up. Then I mixed a little bit of egg yolk with green food coloring and let Karson use a brush to paint on the green. Karson also put on the eyes and even olives on the tail for his rattles.


No comments: