Friday, November 26, 2010

Coconut Cream Pie

I got this recipe from taste of home. I didn't love this pie, but it was good and super easy. I'd still probably make it again. But, I think I would prefer chocolate or banana cream pie for Thanksgiving...This was nice because it made two though and I was worried we wouldn't have enough pie. However, I took 4 pies and my sister took 4 and we both had some leftover.

Ingredients
1-1/2 cups cold milk
1/2 teaspoon coconut extract
1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
1 cup flaked coconut, divided
1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
2 graham cracker crusts

Directions
In a bowl, whisk the milk, extract and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set.
In large bowl, beat cream cheese. Stir in pudding and mix well. Fold in 1/2 cup coconut and whipped topping. Spoon into the crusts. Toast the remaining coconut (I didn't know how to do this, but all you do is dump it on a pan and stick it in the oven for a few minutes, mixing it around until toasted) Sprinkle the coconut over the pies. Refrigerate until serving. I'm not sure how long you are supposed to refrigerate. I think mine were in there for a couple of hours and they seemed fine.

No comments: