Monday, November 8, 2010

White Chicken Chili

My friend gave me this recipe and she said it came from The Recipe Club. It's way yummy. It made a ton and I didn't like the flavor left over for some reason but the night I made it I thought it was way good. It's easy too.

16 oz. box low-sodium chicken broth
2 or 3 frozen boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/2 white or yellow onion, chopped (of course this was left out)
2 4-oz. cans mild diced green chilis, undrained (I only used one can)
2 14.5-oz cans great Northern beans, undrained
1 tsp. cumin
1 tsp. oregano
1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper (I didn't have this)

Place ingredients in slow cooker and cook on high 3-5 hours. About 30 minutes before serving, shred chicken and return to slow cooker.

Right before serving, add:
1 C. sour cream
4 oz. cream cheese

Top with shredded pepper jack cheese, avocado, Fritos, extra sour cream, sliced jalapeno peppers, cilantro, pico de gallo, etc.

No comments: