Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Chicken & Rice Casserole

This isn't going to give much detail but maybe when I perfect it I'll fix it. My friend made this for me awhile ago and Karson ate a lot so I've been wanting to try it. But, she doesn't use a recipe so I got what was in it from her and guessed. I used canned chicken and now that I've been cooking a lot more than I used to I've decided I no longer like canned chicken so I won't do that again. Karson ate all his rice but he picked out the chicken. This is similar to Hawaiian haystacks, which we eat often. I think I need to tweak this a little because my friends was much better than mine, but I still liked it a lot.
Ingredients
2 cups cooked rice
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 cup sour cream
a little bit of milk
Parmesan cheese
croutons (my friend makes her own. Maybe someday I'll try that, or not.)
salt
pepper
Directions
Cook rice. Mix in the rest of the ingredients. I mixed in some Parmesan cheese. I don't know how much I used. I also poured some on top along with the croutons. I cooked it on 350 for about 35 minutes. It's good served with cesar salad. If you can eat salad that is, because I can't :(

No comments: