Monday, December 20, 2010

Creamy Baked Ziti

This is another recipe from the Kraft Food & Family Holiday 2010 magazine. It was so yummy. It's similar to a few other recipes I have but each one is slightly different and I thought this was so good.

Ingredients:
4 cups Zita pasta, uncooked
1 jar marinara sauce (The recipe calls for 26 oz but the jar I used was only something like 16 oz and was plenty)
1 can (14 1/2 oz) diced tomatoes, undrained (I drained mine slightly)
6 oz Cream Cheese cubed (I used the entire 8 oz brick because I didn't want to waste it)
3/4 cup Sour Cream
1 pkg (8 oz) Mozzarella Cheese
1/3 cup Parmesan Cheese

Directions:
Heat oven to 375.
Cook pasta in large saucepan as directed on package, omitting salt. Remove from pan; drain. Meanwhile, add marinara sauce, tomatoes and cream cheese to same pan; cook on medium heat 5 minutes or until cream cheese is melted and mixture is well blended, stirring frequently. Return pasta to pan and mix well.
Layer half the pasta mixture in 13X9 inch baking dish; cover with layers of sour cream, 1 cup mozzarella and remaining pasta mixture. Top with remaining mozzarella and Parmesan.
Bake 20 minutes or until heated through.

I made my Magelbys rolls to have with this. Would also be good with salad.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

YUM! This is my kinda food! Looks delish :)