I used to order pumpkin bars from a local catering place. I won't say where because that would be tacky, but the last time I ordered them they were so awful I couldn't even gag one down. I got this recipe from a mailing that comes in a local monthly flier and thought I'd give them a try. We had just gotten back from a movie and my husband asked me what I wanted for dinner. I told him I wasn't hungry but a few minutes later was cooking these. Of course I can always find room for dessert. I liked these, but next time I won't use as much vegetable oil. Is it possible to taste the vegetable oil? The recipe called for a cup and I thought that was a lot. But, I swear I can taste it. Plus for some reason the middle didn't get cooked all the way but about 2 inches on all sides was cooked and would have been way over cooked had I left them in longer. It was strange. Could old vegetable oil cause that? After I made them I checked the date on the oil, since I thought I could taste it, and it was expired. Probably shouldn't have used it. Maybe next time they will turn out better. I will make them again.
Bars
4 eggs
1 2/3 cups sugar
1 cup vegetable oil (this seems like way to much)
1 15 oz can pumpkin
2 cups sifted flour
2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
Icing
8 oz cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup butter, softened
2 cups powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Combine eggs, sugar, oil and pumpkin and mix well. Add dry ingredients an mix at low speed until batter is smooth. Spread into a greased 9x12 inch baking dish.
Bake at 30 minutes or until done.
Cool completely before frosting
No comments:
Post a Comment