Monday, January 10, 2011

Ranch Chicken

Another yummy recipe from the Life as a Lofthouse blog, linked on the side of mine. (I'm tired of linking every single post but want to give credit where credit is due.) I would love to master baking chicken. It just never turns out right. It's either overcooked or undercooked. But, the flavor of this was so good. I served it with boxed cheesy potatoes that I thought were disgusting. Next time I'll remember that and make my own cheesy potatoes or have salad or steamed broccoli or something. Side note, Karson is hating my new found love of cooking. I used to make the same stuff over and over again, and I'd make stuff he liked. Not anymore. I'm always trying new stuff and I always make him eat it and he always complains that I cook disgusting food. Ha...My 4 year old thinks he's starving to death for sure. He loves when I'm lazy and give him a corn dog. Ok, on with the recipe.

RANCH CHICKEN

3-4 chicken breasts
1 packet Ranch dressing seasoning mix
1 cup crushed Corn flakes
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
4 TBS butter, melted

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a 9x13 glass baking dish with cooking spray.
Combine the Ranch seasoning mix, the crushed Corn flakes and Parmesan cheese into a large freezer baggie.
Shake well to mix all together.
Dip each chicken breast into the melted butter, and then drop into the baggie. Seal the bag shut and then shake well to coat with the seasoning mix. After well coated lay chicken into the baking dish. Repeat with all of the chicken.
Once all chicken has been coated, sprinkle the remaining seasoning mixture onto the tops of chicken.
Bake for 45 - 50 minutes. (Towards the last 15 minutes of cooking you may need to lay a piece of foil over the top to prevent from burning.)

1 comment:

Kaitlin said...

Sounds and looks delish!