Monday, January 17, 2011

Spinach Alfredo Lasagna

If you are looking for a low calorie recipe, this is probably not the best. It's filled with loads of cheese. It didn't turn out as good as I was hoping for, but it was yummy and I will make it again.
From Allrecipes.com
Ingredients
1 (16 ounce) package lasagna noodles (I cooked the whole box and ended up throwing a bunch away. I think I used 12 noodles.
1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach
3 cooked, boneless chicken breast halves, diced
2 (16 ounce) jars Alfredo-style pasta sauce
4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
2 pints ricotta cheese ( I had to google that because I didn't know how much 2 pints was, turns out it's 32 oz. I used that much and I think it had to much ricotta cheese so would use less than that)
salt and pepper to taste
Directions
1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes; drain. Cook spinach according to package directions; drain.
2.In a medium bowl, combine chicken and one jar of alfredo sauce, stir together. In a separate bowl, combine ricotta and drained, cooked spinach, and stir.
3.In a 9 x 13 baking dish, place one layer of lasagna noodles, edges overlapping. Pour chicken and alfredo sauce mixture over noodle layer and spread evenly. Sprinkle 1 cup of shredded mozzarella over chicken mixture. Top with another layer of noodles. Spread spinach mixture evenly over noodles. Pour 1/2 of remaining jar of alfredo sauce over spinach mixture, spread evenly. Sprinkle another cup of mozzarella over sauce, lay on the final noodle layer and top with remaining 2 cups of mozzarella and salt and pepper to taste. Bake 50 to 60 minutes, until top is brown and bubbly.

No comments: